Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Good Bye Missouri

We are out of Missouri and in Illinois. The crazy thing is.... tomorrow we should be in Kentucky. Phew that seems fast!

Missouri did show us quite a few things. The Ozarks are steep. They are short hills, but sometimes I felt like I was going to fall off backward from my bike. There are lots of doggies that like to chase people on bikes. I finally had to spray my infamous dog pepper spray called Halt. I though Lassie was suppose to be a nice dog, but showing teeth, growling and coming after me were to much. I think I taught her a lesson. I hope I don't have to use it again.

We also met some wonderful people.
In Ellington... Wayne a fellow bicyclist and triathlete let us stay at his house, cooked us and amazing dinner, let us do laundry and shower. Wow it was awesome. His wife Betsy was out of town. Wish we could have met her too. Thanks to you both.

In Farmington... Geoff and I stayed at the White House Bed & Breakfast. When we checked in we had plans to stay one night, but after Ann spoiled us with baked treats and wonderful conversation we decided to take a day off and spend the next day there as well. It was so nice to get to read the Sunday paper, nap and relax.

Oh yeah... and I finally made Geoff eat at a Sonic in Missouri. We have passed so many and never stopped. I just had to try it out. I have seen so many commercials for it while in Connecticut (although there are none in the state). The banana split shake was yummy. I wouldn't eat it on a normal day, by when you are biking calories don't count.

will update again soon,
danielle & geoff

2 comments:

Amy, Gift, Geoff & Danielle said...

You two are haulin'!! AWESOME! I'm in NY......I beat you to the east coast! :) I waved when I flew over on Saturday.....did you see me???

talk to you soon!
love amy

Unknown said...

Dani and Geoff,
Love that you are hauling! I am wondering if you are going to be home enough to have some days with us (or because I am selfish ME). Hope your friend Amy knows that CT is near NY and she is always welcomed to stay with us (me and the pups)
Miss you much.
MOM